I tend not to snack because I eat very substantial meals in general, but sometimes on the weekend I want a little bite in between brunch and dinner. So, the other day I was feeling a little peckish in the afternoon and thought I’d rummage around in the kitchen for something tasty. Thankfully (in anticipation of this very eventuality) we tend to not keep a single unhealthy item in the apartment, so my choices were severely limited. In fact, so limited that I would have to either cook myself an entire meal from scratch, OR make do with the 3 ingredients lying around that could be eaten without a whole lot of preparation – fresh figs from the farmers market, some Claro’s prosciutto and organic coconut butter.
Who knew those could go together so well – it was quite a pleasant surprise! Super tasty and remarkably satisfying. The perfect combination of protein, carbohydrate and fat in just a few delectable bites.
And no cooking involved!
These would make great little finger foods or hors d’oeuvres at parties.
- 3 medium sized figs
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- 3 Tsp coconut butter (Creamed Coconut)
- Toothpicks (if you want them to stay together)
- 1. Make a slit on one side of each fig
- 2. Soften coconut butter by placing the jar/pack in hot water for a few minutes
- 3. Spoon 1 tsp full of the coconut butter into each fig
- 4. Wrap each fig with a piece of prosciutto and secure in place with a toothpick
- 5. Enjoy, and feel smug that you didn't dive headfirst into a back of chips
- Obviously increase the ingredients depending on the number of people being served. 3 figs is roughly a 1 person serving.