For any bread lovers out there, here’s another recipe! I have to say I can take it or leave it (so I pretty much just leave it), but I know that’s not the case for many people, so the more healthy alternatives to the processed, gluten-filled junk out there, the better!
These are so easy that anyone could whip them up in under half an hour. They are 100% grain-free (obviously), but also nut-free, which is great for anyone with a nut allergy or who is choosing to keep nuts to a minimum. They do contain cheese though, so only make these if you know you are dairy tolerant. And obviously choose the least processed, highest quality, grassfed, organic cheese you can find.
They taste deliciously cheesy and garlicky, so if you miss garlic bread, these are a great option. They’re perfect with a dollop of butter (especially hot), and could also be made into great hamburger buns if you’re one of those people who just can’t do your burgers lettuce-wrapped.
- 1 cup grated hard cheese (organic and grassfed if possible)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil) - melted
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 fresh cloves garlic - crushed
- 5 large leaves of fresh basil (or 1/2 tsp dried basil) - shredded
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F and grease 6 muffin cups
- 2. Combine eggs, butter and cheese in a bowl
- 3. Add dry ingredients, sifting the coconut flour so it's less lumpy and mix thoroughly
- 4. Add garlic and basil and mix till distributed evenly
- 5. You could also dump all the ingredients into a food processor and combine them that way (it's a little quicker that way and you won't have to pre shred everything)
- 6. Divide mixture into 6 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- 7. Serve with a dash of butter or as a meal accompaniment. These are best enjoyed hot, in my opinion!