It’s party season and that time of year where we could each easily gain 10 pounds because of all the delicious finger foods on offer. That, and wreck our guts with all the grains and sugar everywhere we look. Let’s face it, besides crudités, MOST finger foods involve either wheat, corn or sugar.
So I wanted to make something that includes some vegetables, but in a fun and delicious way. I wanted these also to be balanced with protein and healthy fat to make them a filling little snack that won’t leave you diving into the chip bowl every 5 minutes from hunger or blood sugar crashes.
These are so simple to make, and I guarantee you people will love them. Even people who hate broccoli!
They make awesome snacks for kids too – especially if you have fussy kids who won’t eat their veggies.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 cup grassfed sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 1. Chop the broccoli into small pieces and steam until very tender
- 2. Measure out almond flour and spices and combine in a big bowl
- 3. Remove broccoli, once tender, and drain well. Use paper towels to soak up any excess moisture
- 4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 5. Add broccoli to the almond flour mixture and then add the cheese and eggs to the bowl
- 6. Using a fork mash it all up till well incorporated. The broccoli should break into very small chunks. (I actually used my hands for this part because it is easier to get it all to come together)
- 7. Form into small patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 8. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through