This is a perfect dish to use up left over chicken from a roast chicken dinner. It is super quick and makes a great week-night dinner.
This can be made dairy free (using the homemade pesto recipe I link to below), or with regular (preferably organic and clean) store bought pesto if you are more in a hurry. Either way it’s delicious and beats tagliatelle any day. For one thing – you will not feel bloated or go into a carb coma after this meal!
- Left over chopped up pre-cooked chicken (enough for 2 people)
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto (like this one)
- 6 stalks of asparagus
- 1 medium green onion
- Grassfed butter for the pan
- 1. Turn your zucchini into "noodles" using a spiralizer or one of these. Dab with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle with sea salt
- 2. Heat butter in a skillet on the stove
- 3. Add chopped asparagus and green onion to the skillet and sauté until tender
- 4. Add chopped chicken and pesto and let it all heat through
- 5. Remove from pan and set aside (keeping it warm if possible)
- 6. Add a little more butter to the pan and throw in the zucchini noodles. Sauté until just tender
- 7. Serve the noodles with the chicken mixture and EAT!