Happy Valentines Day! To me, the perfect Valentines Day involves a home-cooked meal followed by a lovingly prepared dessert. A day to indulge? Sure. But in a healthier way, so that indulgence is not marred by bloating and tummy-aches that typically follow gluten/sugar-filled alternatives. Your scale will thank you.
So, with that in mind, this is the perfect treat that contains zero sugar in any form. Yup, you read that right – not even honey or maple syrup. The sweetness comes 100% from whole fruit – bananas, strawberries and, if you like, blueberries. Serve this with a dollop of whipped cream, and I guarantee you, it will go down a treat.
This is such a guilt-free dessert, that you’d be perfectly justified having it for breakfast in the mornings!
- 1 ½ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 c. coconut milk
- 2 cups medium strawberries
- Blueberries (if you like)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2. Mix almond flour, butter, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Press mixture into a pie plate to form the pie crust
- 3. Mix bananas, lemon juice, and vanilla extract either in a food processor or by hand (you’ll need to mash the bananas first if you mix by hand). Then gently mix in coconut milk and eggs
- 4. Pour banana filling into pie crust
- 5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until set in center. Let pie cool
- 6. Top with sliced strawberries and blueberries