So here’s another pancake recipe that is pretty tasty and will hit the spot when you’re craving a sweeter breakfast. The last one I posted was super simple, with just 2 ingredients. This one is a little more involved in terms of ingredients, but is equally simple.
I chose to add gelatin to these to add a little extra protein and to give them that added little boost of collagen for its skin-enhancing, gut-healing, joint-nourishing goodness.
These make a perfect brunch, or a quick (and filling) snack if you have any leftovers. They are super filling so you will probably not be able to eat as many as you would of standard grain-filled pancakes.
Because they are not filled with gluten, they will be slightly more delicate, so I always make smaller pancakes to make them easier to flip. The key is lots of butter!
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1Tbsp almond butter
- 2Tbsp grassfed gelatin
- 1Tbsp coconut flour
- 1Tsp vanilla
- 1/4Tsp salt
- Butter to fry in
- 1. Blend together bananas and eggs until smooth
- 2. Add dry ingredients to wet and whisk until thoroughly combined
- 3. Place a dab of butter in a skillet and preheat to medium
- 4. Carefully pour batter into the pan to form small rounds (mine were roughly 3 inches in diameter)
- 5. Allow to cook until brown on bottom and (very gently) turn over to cook the other side
- 6. Serve with toppings of your choice - I love them with fresh or frozen berries