So, I posted about how unhealthy sugar is for us yesterday and now I’m posting a dessert! BUT, it’s a far healthier dessert than almost any you’d find in a store, so I want to give you alternatives for all the conventional goodies you may be craving when coming off of those “foods”.
This uses a modest amount of honey and no other refined carbohydrates, so it’s gentle on the body’s blood sugar and contains lots of healthy protein and fat in the eggs.
If you like lemons you will love these!
As with all desserts, enjoy these as a treat occasionally. They still do contain sugar, even if it is unrefined and natural.
- 4 pasture-raised eggs (separate whites and yolks)
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk or full fat regular milk
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon - zest and juice
- pinch sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- coconut oil for greasing
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 4 ramekins with the coconut oil
- 2. Separate the egg whites and yolks into separate bowls
- 3. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form (you may want to use an electric beater for this unless you didn't get another workout in today)
- 4. In the other bowl mix together all of the other ingredients until fully incorporated
- 5. Add in the egg whites and mix till just incorporated (don't over mix)
- 6. Pour into ramekins and bake for 25-30 mins, or until they feel spongy to the touch
- 7. Enjoy hot or cold