So, for those of you who did one last month, your Whole30 is now finished! Congrats on completing it and hope you’re enjoying your flatter tummies, extra energy and glowing skin.
The temptation right now, of course, is to take a flying dive into every food you felt “deprived” of over the last month. And I do understand this. But your tummy may not. I always advise people to ease back slowly – and only add back whole, unprocessed foods that will serve you well, health-wise. For some people this is full-fat, grassfed dairy, and for others this may be occasionally having a little honey-sweetened treat. For me it’s a little of both, so I thought this recipe would be perfect to share right now.
For those of you still on your Whole30, come back when you’re done!
This is a perfect, indulgent breakfast option. It looks amazing and can be as sweet and decadent as you choose to make it. It is also full of protein and healthy fat, so it is super filling and nutritious. I tend to eat a slightly healthier version with full-fat yogurt and berries, but it makes an amazing treat if it is served with a dollop of grassfed (preferably raw) whipped cream, some fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Again, this is super easy to make and pretty quick.
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Place the butter in a 9x9 inch oven safe dish and put in the oven to melt (careful it doesn't burn!)
- 3. In a blender ad the rest of the ingredients and blend together until you have a smooth batter
- 4. Pour batter into the dish with the melted butter and place back in the oven
- 5. Bake for about 20-24 mins
- 6. Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of full-fat yogurt/whipped cream/coconut cream/fruit/maple syrup/honey. The possibilities are endless 🙂