So you know how bone-broth is a amazing for you because of all the amazing nutrients and gut-healing properties? Well one of the magical ingredients in bone broth is gelatin, which is a collagen-boosting super-food that is incredible for your skin, hair, nails, joints, helps promote sleep and can improve the appearance of cellulite. What’s not to love about it?!
These little gummy treats are a great way to get additional gelatin in your diet in a very easy and delicious candy-like way (but without the refined sugar, crappy colorings and artificial nonsense that goes into most candy).
I made these with a hint of sourness (I was always a fan of sour gummies), but you can adjust the ratios to be more or less sour/sweet depending on what you like.
When it comes to gelatin, I recommend getting only gelatin from organically raised grassfed animals, so I recommend this brand.
These are delicious treats for kids, and grown-ups alike. Your skin, hair, nails, joints and gut linings will thank you. You could also make them with half water and half puréed berries to get some anti-oxidants and vitamins in there. They will beat any of those junk-filled gummy “vitamins” on the market!
- 3 cups spring water
- 3 tea bags (green tea, a herbal tea or rooibos work well)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 6 tbsp grassfed gelatin
- 2 lemons - juiced
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan
- 2. Remove from heat and add tea-bags and ginger (preferably cut into large chunks so you can remove it easily). Let it steep for about 10 minutes
- 3. Remove tea bags and ginger and return to heat
- 4. Once it is close to simmering, very slowly pour in gelatin while whisking furiously (if not it will turn clumpy)
- 5. Remove from heat and add in the lemon juice and honey. Adjust to taste, but try not to add too much sweetener as these should be a healthy snack!
- 6. Pour into a baking dish or small chocolate moulds and place it in the fridge to solidify. It should take about an hour