So, Valentines Day was last week, and I posted a pretty healthy treat, which is super yummy, BUT, it seemed more like a breakfast option, since it was so very healthy. In the evening I thought something a little more decadent was in order, so this is what I served Sham after dinner.
These muffins are unbelievably chocolaty and gooey when they’re still warm. Served with this whipped raw cream, it was a dessert that was more than fitting for Valentines Day. Or any other decadent treat day!
As always, they are made with whole, clean, ingredients that won’t wreck your gut or spike your blood sugar too much. Having said that, these are not an every day food. Enjoy them responsibly and as a special treat!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup / honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pure cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp ground coffee
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2. Mix together almond butter, eggs, vanilla essence and maple syrup (or honey) until well incorporated
- 3. Add cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix. Sift in coconut flour and mix well till it is thoroughly incorporated
- 4. Add in chocolate chips and mix
- 5. Spoon into muffin pan (thoroughly greased with coconut oil) or use liners
- 6. Bake for 20-25 mins
- 7. Serve with whipped raw cream or coconut cream