Remember how I said you have to be crazy not to like sweet potato fries (sorry those of you I may have offended), well if you don’t like them, try them wrapped in bacon! I *really* won’t understand you if you still don’t like them then.
These take a little bit of time to prepare, but they are so easy and make an excellent snack or part of any meal. They’d be the perfect post-workout food, with a good portion of carbohydrate, protein and fat, all in one tasty package.
- Sweet potatoes (I would typically make 1 medium sized potato for 2 people)
- Bacon (depending on how many fries you make, allow roughly 1 slice per 4 fries)
- That's it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- 2. Peel desired number of sweet potatoes and cut into fries. These should be thick enough to allow for comfortable bacon wrapping, but thin enough to cook through - approx 1/3-1/2 inch thick
- 3. Cut up bacon lengthways into thin strips - the amount of strips will vary on the width of bacon so use your judgment
- 4. Wrap each sweet potato fry in a strip of bacon
- 5. Place on baking tray and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes. Turn over and cook on the other side around 10 minutes or until crisp.