So you know how bacon is one of the most delicious things on the planet? Well it turns out it’s pretty nutritious too. In my opinion, almost everything tastes better with bacon. Well except for ice-cream maybe. Wait no, even bacon ice-cream can be delicious.
So, I saw this on Pinterest a while back and thought it looked too great an idea not to try. It is literally a basket made of bacon. Like a chocolate bowl for dessert, only a bacon bowl you can eat while you’re eating the contents. And, as complicated as it seems, it really only requires the most rudimentary of weaving skills, and is super quick to create.
Here is a pre-cooked picture to illustrate the weaving process:
It’s a pretty impressive way to serve brunch next time you have people over, or just a fun way to eat your breakfast.
- Bacon - depending on the size of bowl you want to make, between 6-8 slices per bowl
- 1. Place some foil over either the bottom of a muffin tray (to make small cups) or over an oven-safe ramekin and shape it around the number of bowls you want to create.
- 2. Weave the bacon slices as tightly as possible around the bowl shape, making sure it is secure and holds in place. Make sure it's TIGHTly woven as the bacon will shrink once cooked.
- 3. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- 4. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before gently dislodging from the foil.
- 5. Fill them with veggies/eggs/other deliciousness and serve!